Thursday, March 21, 2013

I’m all ears


There’s definitely no hiding the fact that I’m all ears, but I would like to think the statement is true in more than just the literal sense.

I believe that being a good leader is all about being a good listener and each day I strive to become a more open, honest and approachable Vice-Chancellor.

CQUniversity has embarked on a journey to become a great university and therefore I encourage absolutely everyone with any type of interest in CQUniversity, to let me know what is important to them, as we work towards achieving this vision.

This is especially relevant with regards to our students. Students are the reason CQUniversity exists and in order to become a great university, catering for the needs of our students and meeting their expectations should be of paramount importance.

That is why this Friday (22 March) I will once again embark on a tour of all CQUniversity campuses for a series of Student Forums. The purpose of doing this is for me to get out and about, visit CQUniversity locations across the country, share latest CQUniversity news and listen to what our students have to say. An online forum will also be held for distance education students and those who couldn’t make it to the forum at their local campus.

Forum dates are listed on the flyer below. More information and specific location details will be sent via email, to students, closer to the date of each forum.

I really look forward to meeting as many of our students as possible at these forums but would also like to remind you all, that if you ever see me wondering around campus, to stop me and say g’day. 


No comments: